The other day, Amy sent me a really nice note. And I don’t think this was her intention, but she got me thinking (this usually doesn’t end well…). She mentioned that she had no idea about my past, overweight life (her words were more eloquent). And honestly, sometimes I forget myself.
Which leads me to my point:
Lately, like for the past year, I feel as though I’ve been resting on my laurels.
At least fitness-wise.
Sure, I ran a half marathon. But I only trained for four weeks so I’m pretty sure that doesn’t count. It’s crazy because I used to be nuts about working out. To the point where just the thought of missing a 2-hour treadmill workout would bring about panic attacks. For real.
And I’m not saying that’s healthy. It’s not. (What sane person wants to spend 2 hours on the treadmill on a regular basis?). But neither is my current state of coasting along, uncommitted to any sort of fitness related goals.
So, drum roll please, when my two best girls asked me to meet them for a destination half-marathon this fall I couldn’t say “ABSOLUTELY!” fast enough. We have yet to decide when and where we’ll meet but it’s been months since I’ve run regularly so training starts ASAP. And it starts at square one!
I’m turning this blog backing into something fitness related… Imagine that!
49 Notes/ Hide
- becky-balances likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- viva-athena likes this
- justrunningthemaze likes this
- amy---ela likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- pauloinjapan likes this
- themotherrunner said: I looooooove your outfits.
- themotherrunner likes this
- weightandwit likes this
- lizzielulu114 likes this
- one-twenty-five likes this
- dembangs said: Get it, girl! Also, love the full-length shot… You have a great shape!
- dembangs likes this
- wunderkindchen likes this
- joshbuildshealth said: That’s awesome! As long as you keep the selfish coming. :)
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- hopetherunner likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- 94monkeys said: It sounds like you’re just trying to find your happy medium, which is something we can all aspire to!
- runningfortheriesling likes this
- blondebarbells likes this
- kickinupthepace likes this
- high-heel-mileage said: Kate, this is awesome. And a destination half with your best friends? Fun! Can’t wait to follow along & cheer you on. And another great outfit - gorgeous today as usual!
- wholefoodsandgin likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- high-heel-mileage likes this
- amandafiguresitout said: Awesome!
- yungsunshine likes this
- macaronsandmoet likes this
- garycope likes this
- runswithpoodle likes this
- sarahspeaksnow said: Yay!! And also I love your outfit!!!
- sarahspeaksnow likes this
- meredithisaleo likes this
- funhappylife2 said: But dont forget to post Hugo pictures as well!!
- funhappylife2 likes this
- straightarrowlife likes this
- katiegirlchasesinfinity likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- lifeandeliza likes this
- activearika likes this
- fromlazytolively likes this
- ihopeyoulikeblackberries posted this